Friday 17 August 2012

REVIEW: Legally Blonde

OMIGOD you guys! It can be difficult to get excited about going out on a week night when you’re tired after a long day at work/looking after the kids/*fill with your own hard day!

But from the moment I walked into the Wales Millennium Centre and settled down to watch the musical version of Legally Blonde, I instantly felt myself relax and forget about my stressful day.

From the opening number, you are mesmerized and completely captivated by the non-stop singing and dancing in the show. It really felt like each scene blended into another and each act went by far too quickly.

The songs seamlessly blend together, moving the story of Elle Woods’ transformation from Sorority girl to legal student.

It’s hard to pick out any members of the cast as they all excelled, especially in some scenes where the background actors are completely upstaging the main characters.

I must mention Iwan Lewis, from Llandeilo, West Wales, who was outstanding as Emmett Forrest, performing in his first national tour; as well as Faye Brookes, who played Elle Woods with loads of enthusiasm.

Although the set was quite minimalist, it worked really well with the show, as the story was able to blend from one scene to another without the actors having to leave the stage.





DISCLAIMER: While I am not paid for the review I do get the product/tickets for free

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin4

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

disclaimer

I am an amazon affiliate and current 1&1 and DigiGuide customer so when you click through the links I may receive a small commission for any sale made.